The Queensland Reds Development XV will be back in action this weekend, taking on Wests at Toowoomba Rangers Rugby Club on Saturday.
The game is another opportunity for Reds squad members, Buildcorp Reds Academy players and StoreLocal Hospital Cup players to come together to test their ability at the next level.
Last year saw the side play in the inaugural Queensland Rugby Challenger series and Japan Tour, an innovative program which led to eight club Rugby products earning a cap for Queensland against the Saitama Panasonic Wild Knights.
General Manager – Professional Rugby Sam Cordingley said: “It’s great to give some of Queensland’s best developing players another opportunity to test themselves this weekend.
“We are committed to providing aspiring players more opportunities and help bridge the gap between club and Super Rugby, as well as giving our Reds squad more time on the field together.”
Reds Academy and Reds Development XV Dale Roberson Head Coach said: “The program is already paying dividends.
“We’ll see Taj Annan from our academy and Connor Anderson and Jake Upfield debut for the Reds against the Hurricanes this weekend after impressing in the Challenger Series and Japan Tour.
“It’s also great to give Wests a good hit out ahead of the Club Championship match next week against Sydney University.”
The game will feature six contracted Reds – George Blake, Sunshine Coast product Louis Werchon, Harry McLaughlin-Phillips, Ben Navosailagi, Floyd Aubrey and Toowoomba’s Mac Grealy – as well as eight Buildcorp Reds Academy representatives.
Club Rugby standouts Ethan Dobbins, Dan Byrne and Alex Davies will also feature, with the side taking on last year’s Hospital Cup winners Wests.
Queensland Reds Development XV v Wests, Toowoomba Rangers Rugby Club, Saturday 25 February, 3:00pm AEST:
- George Blake – Bond University – Queensland Reds
- Ethan Dobbins – Wests – Queensland Reds
- Rhys Sherrif – Bond University
- Fred Fewtrell – Easts
- Dan Byrne – GPS
- Pita Halaifonua | Sunnybank
- George Stoddart – Easts – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Ratu Vio Batibasaga – GPS
- Louis Werchon – Brothers – Queensland Reds
- Harry McLaughlin-Phillips – Souths – Queensland Reds
- Ben Navosailagi – Wests – Queensland Reds
- Pio Nakubuwai – Easts
- Tim Ryan – Brothers – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Floyd Aubrey – GPS – Queensland Reds
- Mac Grealy – UQ – Queensland Reds
- Charlie Wigan – UQ – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Max Craig – Easts – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Levi Samuela – Bond University
- Harrison Usher – Bond University – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Alex Davies – UQ
- Jack Small - Norths
- Lachlan Connors – Bond University
- Willem Johnstone – Souths – Buldcorp Reds Academy
- Finn Prass – Brothers – Buldcorp Reds Academy
- Doug Rayment – GPS
- Jarrod Homan – Easts – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Matt Brice – UQ – Buildcorp Reds Academy
- Leo McCarthy – Brothers