The State Leadership Program was supported by Sport Australia through a 2021 Women Leaders in Sport Organisation Grant.
The grant enabled the QRU to develop a Leadership curriculum that was delivered to over 200 registered female participants at 11 venues across the state. These workshops were supported by monthly regional network meetings conducted online (7 in total) which allowed participants to connect and collaborate on areas of mutual leadership.
From this network 25 females were selected to attend the culminating State Leadership Workshop form the 3rd - 5th December. This workshop combined presentations from external experts/leaders as well as project work on the following areas of strategy to work towards the visions of making Rugby the best experience in any sport for all women. An outcomes document was published from the workshop which has been distributed to all QRU affiliated associations and clubs. QRU has also appointed a permanent full time Female Rugby Manager who will be responsible for the administration of these outcomes and further strategy development.
With the support of the Queensland Government Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport through the Active Women and Girls Program, QRU will be undertaking a State Governance and Leadership Program which will include:
- Conduct Leadership Seminars for female participants over the age of 16 for QRU affiliates that have active female competitions
- Conduct a female state governance and leadership workshop
- Creation of a Queensland Rugby Female Governance Network
- Development of a female governance skills matrix and associated training plan
- Publish a Female Governance Resource online centre and associated media and communications the QRU have been